RWBY Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY Roleplay

Defend the Kingdoms from the creatures of Grimm! Create your character, or claim a Canon of your own, and join up to protect the world.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Introductions! The first day of school!

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Shiro-Otaku

Introductions! The first day of school! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions! The first day of school!   Introductions! The first day of school! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 8:06 am

Rei looks up, and looks around, before pouting and rushing after the older boy and older man.
"Don't dismiss me like that!" she says, catching up to them, before crossing her arms in a cute little pout.
--
As soon as the room had become sufficiently quiet, Nova stands up, a looming figure before all the students, his hard eyes scanning the room.
"...you all think you have what it takes to be hunters and huntresses?"
Back to top Go down
moonlitneko

moonlitneko

PostSubject: Re: Introductions! The first day of school!   Introductions! The first day of school! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 7:13 pm

Fen Hai smiled back at Tony, "Not all, it is helpful to have an assistant" he sighed a little bit, "Only wish my sister would accept one as well, she surely needs the help more than I do." But he let the thought go and then looked back to Rei, who seemed to be a little angry with them, "I apologize, but a teacher can only be so late to his own class" he muttered as he came to a door and opened it, stepping within the classroom. "Good morning, everyone" he greeted the class. He set his things on his desk and turned to the students, "My name is Fen Hai and I am to be your homeroom teacher. Pleasure to meet you." he finished with a smile.

---

Cailin watched the teacher before them, tilting her head slightly at his odd question. She mulled it over in her head, if they didn't think they could be hunters, then they wouldn't be here. That's her opinion on it. She ended up smiling to herself thinking all the good she could do if she were a huntress. She could help so many people, protect them and keep them safe from the deadly forces of the Grimm.

---

Fen Chun had a puzzled expression upon her face and then shrugged, not coming up with anything. "Well, homeroom is surely to finish soon, so, talk amongst yourselves until then" she told them as she took her seat once more at her desk. She was not quite so used to teaching yet. She felt that her brother was more of the teacher type, she was more of a fighter.
Back to top Go down
Shiro-Otaku

PostSubject: Re: Introductions! The first day of school!   Introductions! The first day of school! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 7:17 pm

"Your not..." Nova says, stopping all "mulling it over" in the room.
"At the risk of sounding cliche, if you could be...you would be. None of you are mature enough...none of you are strong, or smart enough...yet..."
--
Rei sticks close to the wall and does her best to take a seat without causing too much of a distraction, blushing at the numerous eyes that DID follow her up the stairs to the back row.
Back to top Go down
Blaze-Thief

Blaze-Thief

PostSubject: Re: Introductions! The first day of school!   Introductions! The first day of school! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 9:17 pm

Drake simply put his head in his hands, most of the other students were too immature for him. "Just wait it out, you'll be find Drake . . ." He assures himself.
Back to top Go down
Alex Barkhorn
Admin
Alex Barkhorn

PostSubject: Re: Introductions! The first day of school!   Introductions! The first day of school! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 2:45 pm

Tony didn't want to interrupt, but cleared his throat from his spot, standing a little ways behind Fen Hai, in the hopes that he'd at least get an introduction as well.

--

Faith's expression at this point would probably be considered apathetic. If you truly tried to give it an emotion, focused might be more accurate. She listened to Mr. Gibbous with her full and utmost attention, not wanting to miss a moment of his lecture.
Back to top Go down
https://red-like-roses.rpg-board.net
moonlitneko

moonlitneko

PostSubject: Re: Introductions! The first day of school!   Introductions! The first day of school! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 5:07 pm

Cailin continued to listen to Mr. Gibbous, he obviously knew a lot more than she had thought he did at first. She was sure she was going to like his lessons.

---

Fen Hai nodded to the class and looked to Tony, smiling. He turned his attention back to the students and gestured towards Tony, "And this is Anthony Redgrave, your fellow student as well as my assistance." He allowed his hand to drop to his side and he walked out from behind the desk. "If you have any questions and I'm not around, you can ask him and he will direct it to me at the quickest convience" he finished off, glancing to the clock to see when the end of class was. He then looked to Tony, "You can start calling names, make sure we have everyone" he nodded.

---

Fen Chun was growing tired of waiting for homeroom to finish, she knew that this was going to be the only class she will hate. With a sigh, she looked around the room, wondering just what she could possibly do to pass the time.
Back to top Go down
Shiro-Otaku

PostSubject: Re: Introductions! The first day of school!   Introductions! The first day of school! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 5:38 pm

Nova pushed one hand into his pocket, gesturing towards his chest with his free thumb.
"I'm here to start you on the road to being hunters and huntresses. Strategy and Combat is the main focus of my class, and if your in my homeroom, it means all of you are in my class. I expect full attention out of all of you at all times, because without hearing 100 percent of every lesson. You WILL fail...if you sleep in class. you will fail. Hunters and Huntresses see death and tragedy every day...and if you can't be mature enough to sit down and shut up, then your nowhere near ready to be a hunter...now I'll ask again. Who here thinks they're ready to be a hunter or a huntress."
Back to top Go down
Alex Barkhorn
Admin
Alex Barkhorn

PostSubject: Re: Introductions! The first day of school!   Introductions! The first day of school! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 5:46 pm

Slowly but surely, Faith raised her hand. A few of the other classmates were rather surprised, seeing the meek and shy girl be so bold. But she was moving on pure instinct, and her hand finally reached its full extended position.

--

The older boy began calling out names, getting rather lazy responses. "Rei Gibbous?" He then calls, looking up at the girl. I all honesty that was mainly due to formality, as he checked her name anyway.
Back to top Go down
Shiro-Otaku

PostSubject: Re: Introductions! The first day of school!   Introductions! The first day of school! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 5:52 pm

"here...." Rei squeaks out, her face red as can be, before she drops it down to her desktop.
'great...my first day here and I'm late, and I make a fool of myself...I'm such a dunce..." she scolds mentally.
--
Nova's eyebrows raise cynically.
"Faith...that's you right..don't bother answering I know it's you." His eyes narrow, his hard gaze piercing her own eyes, "You are on a mission with two partners you've known since you were kids. They are both your dear and closest friends. Something goes wrong and both are exactly ten seconds away from dying. You are between them and five seconds away from each one. It will take three seconds to save them, what do you do?" he speaks, quickly and coldly, before looking down to his watch to begin counting the seconds.
Back to top Go down
Blaze-Thief

Blaze-Thief

PostSubject: Re: Introductions! The first day of school!   Introductions! The first day of school! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 6:05 pm

Drake suddenly burst up, covering his mouth. His semblance was acting up again. Before Drake had time to react, a green ball of flame burst from his mouth, and toward his teacher. "Watch out!" He said, attempting to grab the fireball out of the air.

(That should heat things up a bit for Fen Chun.)
Back to top Go down
moonlitneko

moonlitneko

PostSubject: Re: Introductions! The first day of school!   Introductions! The first day of school! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 7:02 pm

Cailin was going to raise her hand but she stopped upon seeing Faith raise hers. She paused to see what would happen and upon the question being asked, she felt herself give a slight twinge. She wondered how Faith was going to respond.

---

Fen Hai took a seat at his desk as he watched Tony continued.

---

Fen Chun looked up at the shout and saw the oddly colored fireball coming her way. She blinked once before realizing what was happening and then her reflex kicked into gear. She planted a hand upon the top of her desk as she jumped her feet onto the chair she was seated in. She then pushed off from the seat and flexed her hand to push off the desk as well. She went into the air feet first and rolled herself into a loose ball over the fireball and then landed on her feet, crouched. After the fireball impacted into the seat and wall where she had been before, she stood up straight and dusted off her clothing.
Back to top Go down
Blaze-Thief

Blaze-Thief

PostSubject: Re: Introductions! The first day of school!   Introductions! The first day of school! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 7:15 pm

Drake stared in awe, his jaw dropped. "I-I uh, I'm sorry." He says, sitting down.
Back to top Go down
Alex Barkhorn
Admin
Alex Barkhorn

PostSubject: Re: Introductions! The first day of school!   Introductions! The first day of school! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 10:39 pm

"What exactly is the threat?" Faith responds so she can give a more accurate response.

--

Tony finishes, stepping back and nodding at the professor so he may continue.
Back to top Go down
Shiro-Otaku

PostSubject: Re: Introductions! The first day of school!   Introductions! The first day of school! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 10:55 pm

"Too late. You took to long to think and now your friends are dead. You must now live with the knowledge that you could have saved them, but didn't." he says, letting his arm fall back as he turns to walk towards the board at the front of the class.
Back to top Go down
Alex Barkhorn
Admin
Alex Barkhorn

PostSubject: Re: Introductions! The first day of school!   Introductions! The first day of school! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 12:03 pm

Faith can't help but raise a brow. 'I can't give a proper answer if I don't have any information.' She thinks to herself. Regardless, she shakes her head, ignoring the utter embarrassment she felt.
Back to top Go down
moonlitneko

moonlitneko

PostSubject: Re: Introductions! The first day of school!   Introductions! The first day of school! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 1:14 pm

Cailin raised her brow at the whole conversation, looking to her friend with a tilt of her head, "What was that about?" she whispered.

---

Fen Hai nodded to Tony as he got up from his seat again and looked to the class, "Now, as I am your homeroom teacher, it is sure that all of you will be in my class. I teach history." he walked around his desk and leaned against it, "How many of you know the history of the Grimm?" he asked and looked around the class for raised hands.

---

Fen Chun smiled at Drake, shrugging her shoulders, "It's alright, happens all the time" she told him and turned to the class, the whole ordeal had finally given her something to talk about. "And with that, I believe that would explain what my class is about. I teach Survival, I'm sure all of you think you could survive out there in the field." She jabbed her thumb in the direction of the scourch mark behind her, "Tell me, if that were to happen to you, how would you react?" she waited to see a hand so that she could call on them.
Back to top Go down
Blaze-Thief

Blaze-Thief

PostSubject: Re: Introductions! The first day of school!   Introductions! The first day of school! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 5:26 pm

Drake raised his hand, and answered before getting called on. "Well, if a fireball were coming toward me, I could inhale it, and send it in another direction." He said, feeling better about his semblance.
Back to top Go down
Shiro-Otaku

PostSubject: Re: Introductions! The first day of school!   Introductions! The first day of school! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 5:37 pm

"No talking..." Nova says plainly, sitting at his desk, staring out over the sea of faces.
--
Rei had already lost her mind elsewhere, drawing on a piece of paper she had found on the floor.
Back to top Go down
Alex Barkhorn
Admin
Alex Barkhorn

PostSubject: Re: Introductions! The first day of school!   Introductions! The first day of school! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 10:35 pm

Tony eyes the doodling girl with passive interest, but eventually waits for a response as well. Unfortunately, no one raises their hand, aside from one young woman. "My grandpa said that in the days of old, the Grimm used to hunt us."

--

Faith had shaken her head for a moment at Cailin, just before Nova scolds the class. She glances down at her notebook, preparing her pen and paper.
Back to top Go down
Shiro-Otaku

PostSubject: Re: Introductions! The first day of school!   Introductions! The first day of school! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 10:43 pm

"now...seeing as homeroom is still a class, despite not being treated as one by many teachers, I'm going to work you as normal students. Between now and the next homeroom class, you are to provide an essay on why you want to be hunters and huntresses. Two Paragraph minimum. It will not count for credit...and anyone who fails to turn it in begins the year with a failing grade." he says, scooting in behind his desk, waiting to see if anybody would even attempt protest.
Back to top Go down
moonlitneko

moonlitneko

PostSubject: Re: Introductions! The first day of school!   Introductions! The first day of school! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 11:04 pm

Cailin glared at the teacher after he told them to not talk, but she decided to wait before passing judgement on this teacher. After he gave them an interesting assignment, she shrugged her shoulds, she thought it was reasonable. Even if it was homeroom, it was still a class. And so, she picked up her bag to pull out a notebook and her pencil case to begin working on her essay.

Why she wanted to become a huntress? Well, that was simple enough, to help and protect people. Now she just need to figure out how to span that into the length of two paragraphs.

(I wonder if I should have Cailin have a Naruto moment XD Just write two sentences, making each the two paragraphs. Funny, yes or no?)

---

Fen Hai nodded at the single student, "Good, what your grandfather says is true. Very long ago, we were the prey. The Grimm were intent on wiping us from existance. But we were able to fight back." he explained, ending with yet another question, "Does anyone know how we fought back?" he looked around the room to see the student, Rei, who they had seen in the hall doodling in the back, "Rei, could you tell us how we fought back against the Grimm?"

---

Fen Chun nodded slowly to the one answer she got so far. She then looked around the rest of the room to see no other students give any suggestions until a timid girl spoke up. "A-ah, well, o-one way w-would be to..." she paused, as if nervous. Fen Chun nodded to the girl to get her talking again, "To roll out of the way, possibly to either side" the girl gushed out.

Fen Chun smiled at the girl and nodded once more, "Good examples, but you must always be open to alternatives, not every move will be the perfect tactic." she rested her hands upon her desk behind her and hoist herself up onto it, sitting upon the top. "Now, you won't get much field experience here, that's for the school you go to after this. But, we will train and educate you on what is to come. Not all of you will pass and be accepted into academies like Beacon and others, but, who thinks that they might just have what it takes to be a hunter?"
Back to top Go down
Shiro-Otaku

PostSubject: Re: Introductions! The first day of school!   Introductions! The first day of school! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 11:28 pm

(*doesn't watch Naruto*)
Rei looks up from her drawing, having not been paying attention, and having no idea what was being asked of her.
"uh......huh?" She asks, giggling slightly with her words, smiling nervously and sitting up straight, a curious, almost childish-looking tilt to her head as she asks the question
Back to top Go down
Blaze-Thief

Blaze-Thief

PostSubject: Re: Introductions! The first day of school!   Introductions! The first day of school! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 11:56 pm

Drake raises his hand, not faltering. "I do!" He said, hoping to get the ball rolling.
Back to top Go down
Alex Barkhorn
Admin
Alex Barkhorn

PostSubject: Re: Introductions! The first day of school!   Introductions! The first day of school! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 7:33 pm

Faith was already hard at work to the assignment, already half way through her firs paragraph. It was a question she had always asked herself, and often thought about, while in her youth.

--

Tony raises a brow at the girl's response, seeing her nervousness. She doesn't answer, and Tony sighs quietly to himself. He takes a step back, grabbing a piece of chalk and rolling it in his hands. He then looks to Rei, making eye contact, and coughs into his hand, causing the Dust from it to spread. Hopefully, she'd take the hint.
Back to top Go down
Shiro-Otaku

PostSubject: Re: Introductions! The first day of school!   Introductions! The first day of school! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 7:41 pm

Rei spots Tony moving, watching him, when he makes eye contact with her. She blushes a bit, but quickly picks up on the hint. She smiles, confident and energetic.
"Chalk!" She says happily, triumphantly
Back to top Go down
moonlitneko

moonlitneko

PostSubject: Re: Introductions! The first day of school!   Introductions! The first day of school! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 12:06 am

Cailin tapped her pencil on the desk for a minute or two before finally deciding on what she would write. She began her work on it and smiled to herself as she wrote. It probably wouldn't be the best written essay he would get but it would express her desire to become a huntress enough, in her opinion, and so, she continued on with her work.

---

Fen Hai found himself sighing at the answer he got, rubbing the bridge of his nose slightly with his thumb. He glanced quickly to Tony to see what he had done with the chalk and then turned towards the class once more. "No, Rei. We did not fight back with chalk" he smiled lightly and then looked around to the other students, "Would anyone like to have a guess at answering?" he asked.

---

Fen Chun couldn't help but smile at the enthusiasm that one student expressed and soon after him, many more students began to raise their hands as well, exclaiming that they did as well. She nodded to the class and gestured to them to lower their hands, "Well, it's great that you all think so, but you have to remember. Being a hunter is not just hunting Grimm and fighting. It's about protecting the people who can't protect themselves" she nodded to them. "Now, am I right in saying that the majority of you have yet to encounter a Grimm?" she asked.

Last edited by moonlitneko on Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shiro-Otaku

PostSubject: Re: Introductions! The first day of school!   Introductions! The first day of school! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 7:48 am

Rei's face lights up as several students begin to snicker and giggle at her response. Immediately she sits back down, staring at her feet.
Back to top Go down
Blaze-Thief

Blaze-Thief

PostSubject: Re: Introductions! The first day of school!   Introductions! The first day of school! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 8:35 pm

Drake looks away, he's heard stories, but never really encountered a Grimm. He knew that he wanted to be a hunter, and that was it. Drake then sighs and shakes his head.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introductions! The first day of school!   Introductions! The first day of school! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Introductions! The first day of school!
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RWBY Roleplay :: Roleplaying! :: Signal Academy-
Jump to: