RWBY Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY Roleplay

Defend the Kingdoms from the creatures of Grimm! Create your character, or claim a Canon of your own, and join up to protect the world.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The McDoogle Chronicles

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Avenger3986

Avenger3986

The McDoogle Chronicles Empty
PostSubject: The McDoogle Chronicles   The McDoogle Chronicles Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 11:05 pm

The Cabin in the Woods

It was a long night for McDoogle, he was sober and being sober was hell for him.  He was in his room and the beer supply had run low over the holidays.  He began to remember things and he’d rather have them be drowned in the liquid he called alcohol.  

Lyle remembered his first home in the forest a distance away from Vale.  There was a giant cabin in the woods, full of life with the McDoogle’s.  There lived his parents and grandfather.  His grandmother died a short time ago when he was born.  She was buried not very far away.

This memory came when Lyle was 10 and the day his father was leaving for good.  Lyle remembered the day clearly now that the alcohol didn’t distort the memory.  

A young Lyle was eating some food that he enjoyed when he was young.  He would watch his, back then, caring mother who would always smile and kiss his forehead every morning.  His grandfather was sitting beside him eating some pancakes.

“Hey grandpa, where’s dad?” A young Lyle asked eating.  Lyle’s grandfather shook his head and finished his pancakes.

Lyle’s father walked in, he was dressed with his usual armor covering his chest and his weapon, an umbrella that Lyle knew was a sniper rifle.  Lyle’s father patted him on the back.  He went over to Lyle’s mother and began to talk to her.  

“You’re leaving again?!” Lyle’s mother was startled by the news she had just heard.  Lyle’s father had just come back from a mission and now he was going on another.

“It can’t be helped, there’s a Grimm migration into Vale soon, I’m sorry.” Lyle’s father argued.  He hoped that his wife would accept it but years of being away had taken its toll on her and the family.

“Don’t bullshit me, I know you love leaving me here with your only son, Frank!” Lyle’s wife had hit the breaking point. “You go on this mission…..I’m leaving and I’m not going to carry the responsibility of taking care of your child with me.” She felt the tears swell up.

“Cecile…..don’t leave, please, just wait!” Frank tried to bring her back but it was to no avail as she packed her bags and opened the door, letting the cold breeze sink into the home.

She looked at Lyle and smiled at him before turning to Frank. “You bring this upon yourself….” She muttered before shutting the door behind her.

Lyle was brought out of his flashback.  He always wondered how their relationship was and the what if’s that could’ve happened.  Lyle sighed before he remembered how his father was a broken man and left for his mission, never coming back.  

Lyle remembered that his grandfather trained him, training him to be better than his father.  He remembered the cold snow touching his face after a sparring match.

A slightly older Lyle held a wooden sword and was about to strike but he was too rash and his grandfather was able to disarm him. “You are very bold, but you need more composure.”

“But grandfather, isn’t offense the best defense?” Lyle asked picking up his dropped wooden sword.

“It is, but you must plan it, you must anticipate the next enemy’s move and their reaction towards your move.  You must adapt, now I’m heading back home, Lyle, go hunting for some deer.  I want the best food that you can muster.” Lyle’s grandfather limped back to the cabin.

Lyle looked down at his camouflaged jacket that had snow all over it, he reached for his two pistols, the two things he had left to remember his father.  Lyle left for hunting and returned to the cabin.  The door however was wide open and Lyle carefully looked inside.

The sight he saw was astonishing as he saw his grandfather, dead, near a wall.  He couldn’t believe it but he was pushed off the thought as he heard the howls of Beowolves.
Lyle walked out of the cabin to find a dozen or so Beowolves outside, growling at the helpless twelve year old.  

I’m at the war with the world and they
Try to pull me into the dark.

A Beowolf began to charge at him and Lyle quickly took out one of his pistols.  He aimed in and shot the wolf in the head, making the corpse roll before stopping in front of him.  Lyle took a deep breath, this was no sparring match, and this was real.  

Lyle began to fire at the Beowolves but there were too many and a couple got a few hits on him.   He panted as he knelt on the ground.  He was getting tired and he couldn’t muster the strength to get up.

I struggle to find my faith
As I’m slipping from your arms

Lyle remembered his grandfather’s training and forced himself to get up. “I’m not dying today, not to you all!” He turned his two pistols into the AK rifle and began picking them off with short bursts.

“Never! Never will I leave you alive!”

I’m awake and alive
Now I know what to believe inside

He began to take down their numbers before they retreated.  He felt the vengeance leave him, he had accomplished taking down the damn wolves that killed his grandfather.  Lyle looked back at the cabin, too long had he stayed in it and now, he’d have to leave it behind.

I know what I believe inside
I’m awake and alive

The flashback ended as Lyle had looked out the window, he’d have to remember to always keep the beers with him at all times, or else, he’d remember the terrible years that came after….

(TO BE CONTINUED…..)
Back to top Go down

The McDoogle Chronicles
Page 1 of 1